Development system reform
From Peacekeeping references
Repositioning the United Nations development system is one of the three parts of Secretary-General António Guterres's United to Reform agenda.
It consists of seven elements:
- A new generation of UN country teams to meet the specific development priorities and needs of countries;
- A reinvigorated Resident Coordinator system with stronger capacity, leadership, accountability and impartiality;
- A coordinated, reprofiled and restructured regional approach to better support work on the ground;
- Renewed spaces for Member States to guide system-wide actions and bring greater transparency and accountability for results;
- A stronger UN institutional response and system-wide approach to partnerships for the 2030 Agenda.
- Concrete steps to accelerate the system’s alignment to the 2030 Agenda, through a system-wide strategic document developed by the UN Development Group.
- A Funding Compact to bring better quality, quantity and predictability of resources, increased accountability and transparency and enhanced capacities of the system to deliver on the 2030 Agenda.
|A/72/124–E/2018/3||General Assembly resolution 72/236 of 20 December 2017||First report on the repositioning of the UN development system|
|A/72/684–E/2018/7||General Assembly resolution 72/279 of 31 May 2018|| Second report on the repositioning of the UN development system; |
GA approved, inter alia, reinvigorated RC system with hybrid financing model
| A/73/424 (SG) and
|General Assembly resolution 73/279 of 22 December 2018 (section XV)||Revised estimates relating to the resident coordinator system|
|A/74/73–E/2019/14||ECOSOC resolution 2019/15||QCPR report; stocktaking on UNDS reform|
|A/74/73–E/2019/14/Add.1||ECOSOC resolution 2019/15||Funding compact|
|A/74/73–E/2019/14/Add.2||ECOSOC resolution 2019/15||Overview of the funding of operational activities for development, focusing on 2017|
|A/74/73–E/2019/14/Add.3||ECOSOC resolution 2019/15||Monitoring and reporting framework for resolutions 71/243 and 72/279|
|E/2019/62||ECOSOC resolution 2019/15||1st report on the Development Coordination Office and the resident coordinator system|
|A/75/79—E/2020/55||ECOSOC resolution 2020/23||QCPR report|
|E/2020/54||ECOSOC resolution 2020/23||Development Coordination Office|
- Secretary-General's remarks on the second report on the repositioning of the UN development system, 22 January 2018