High-level Independent Panel on Peace Operations
The High-level Independent Panel on Peace Operations, or HIPPO, was established by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on 14 October 2014 to take a comprehensive look at how United Nations peace operations could continue to contribute to the prevention and resolution of conflicts and be best designed and equipped to deal with the challenges of tomorrow.
- A/70/95–S/2015/446 Report of the High-level Independent Panel on Peace Operations
- A/70/357–S/2015/682 Implementation of the HIPPO report: Report of the Secretary-General
- General Assembly resolution 70/6 of 3 November 2015
- General Assembly resolution 70/92 of 9 December 2015
- Resolution on the comprehensive review of special political missions taking note of the HIPPO report.
- General Assembly resolution 70/268 of 14 June 2016
- Statement by the President of the Security Council on 25 November 2015 (S/PRST/2015/22)
- Took note of the recommendations in the HIPPO and SG reports.